Sterilization of the bottles in which the milk is presented to the baby is a necessity so that germs and bacteria do not find their way into the baby. A sterilizer can be used to ensure that the job is done efficiently and within a short span.
Harmful bacteria tend to grow in the milk quite quickly, which is why it is highly recommended that you sterilize the bottles, breast pumps and other feeding accessories that you use. Three main types of sterilizers are available on the market. These include the cold water ones, the microwave ones, and the electric ones. Each has its set of pros and cons.
|Philips AVENT Microwave Steam Sterilizer||4.7/5||541||$$||Check Price Now
|Philips AVENT 3-in-1 Electric Steam Sterilizer||4.0/5||1305||$$||Check Price Now
|Dr. Brown's Deluxe Bottle Sterilizer||4.6/5||5||$$||Check Price Now
|Baby Brezza Sterliizer Dryer||4.1/5||188||$$||Check Price Now
|Wabi Baby Electric Steam Sterilizer and Dryer Plus Version||4.4/5||123||$$$||Check Price Now
|Tommee Tippee Electric Steam Sterilizer||4.4/5||276||$$||Check Price Now
|The First Years Power of Steam Electric Steam Sterilizer||4.4/5||100||$$||Check Price Now
While purchasing baby bottle sterilizers, there are quite a few features that you should pay heed to. First and foremost, the size of the sterilizer is something that you will need to take into account.
If you use wide-necked bottles, you will need to opt for a sterilizer that has more space. Since babies who are formula fed are given at least six feeds in a day, you will need a sterilizer that can hold the number of bottles you require.
Some sterilizers are equipped with an alarm to let you know when the sterilization is complete. Some options also have the feature of automatic sterilization of the content every few hours or once the bottle is removed or added.
You can also look for features like a signal to inform you regarding the hotness of the sterilizer, a water filter to control the lime scale or an accessory tray.
The 7 Best Baby Bottle Sterilizer Reviews
Let us take a look at some of the best options that you will find on the market and acquire an insight into what these sterilizers have to offer.
1. Philips AVENT Microwave Steam Sterilizer
This is a highly appealing option that is manufactured from a profound quality of plastic and is capable of eliminating bacteria within a short span. You will be able to use the sterilizer with most microwave ovens, and since it is quite easy to use, it is unlikely that you would have to put in a lot of time to understand how to use it.
It can hold a variety of bottles as well as breast pump parts and accessories. Furthermore, it is BPA free and maintains high standards of quality. The design that it has been provided with ensures that you do not have to face any trouble in taking it around with you.
- The sterilizer is easy to use and provides results within a short span. It is highly effective and capable of killing the bacteria in as little as 2 minutes.
- The contents can maintain their sterility for around 24 hours if the lid is kept closed.
- The sterilizer is a bit bulky and tends to take up quite a bit of space.
- Furthermore, due to the size, you might have to face trouble if the microwave is too small.
2. Philips AVENT 3-in-1 Electric Steam Sterilizer
Phillips AVENT is one brand that does not let you down regarding quality products, and when it is the best sterilizers that we are talking about, this is another impressive option that you will find.
Being quite effective, this sterilizer is capable of killing the harmful germs and bacteria that pose a threat to the health of your baby. It is provided with a 3-in-1 adjustable modular design that can fit a variety of bottles, pumps, and accessories with ease. As many as six bottles can be placed in the sterilizer.
- The effectiveness of the sterilizer will leave you impressed. It is capable of killing germs and bacteria without using chemicals, thereby ensuring optimal safety of your baby.
- It has been equipped with the feature of automatic shut-off for the purpose of attaining speed and security.
- It can keep the contents sterile for a duration of 24 hours if the lid is kept closed.
- Some people have had issues with the storage capacity of the sterilizer, indicating that there is room for improvement.
3. Dr. Brown’s Deluxe Bottle Sterilizer
If you are looking for a sterilizer that is easy to use and would manage to impress you with the quality that it maintains, this is another option that you can take a look at. This steamer can be used to sterilize as many as six bottles in a single cycle.
You will find that it is quite easy to use, thereby ensuring that you do not have to waste a lot of time in understanding how to use it. It is provided with electronic controls with cycle indicators to provide feasibility.
All in all, this option will not let you down as it will kill the harmful bacteria that can incur harm upon your baby.
- It is easy to use and provides instant results. Hence, you will not have to wait for a long time and since it is easy to use, anyone can do so.
- The electronic controls ensure that you do not have to face any difficulty in using it, and the auto shut-off feature makes the sterilizer safe to use.
- There is one issue that has been reported with regards to this sterilizer. It tends to remain a bit damp after usage. This can be a cause of worry since parents are apprehensive about the moisture encouraging the growth of bacteria.
4. Tommee Tippee Electric Steam Sterilizer
If you want a combination of reliability and quality, this is one option that you should take a look at as it will not let you down. With this sterilizer, you would be able to get rid of all the germs and bacteria within a short span.
It has been provided with a compact design so that you would not have any trouble in carrying it around or storing it. It is quite easy to use; you just have to press one button, and the work will be done. The sterilizer is constructed from plastic and maintains high standards of quality, ensuring that it will last for a long time.
- The sterilizer has been provided with a compact design so that you can carry it around with you. The ease and feasibility that it offers regarding usage is another enticing feature.
- It is capable of getting rid of all the bacteria in just five minutes.
- It is devoid of any chemicals so that the health of your baby would not be placed in jeopardy.
- There is no reset button, so once you start the process of sterilization, there is no way to stop it until the process is complete and the equipment turns off automatically.
5. Baby Brezza Sterilizer Dryer
If you are looking for something affordable that would do the job just fine, you should take a look at this product. Within a short span, it will get rid of all the bacteria and ensure that no harm is incurred upon the health of your baby.
It is provided with easy-to-use controls with different modes for you to select from. These modes include sterile only, sterilize and dry, and dry only. The sterilizer is also capable of drying bottles automatically with a choice in the duration of the dry cycle. It can hold up to 6 bottles along with accessories.
- The natural steam cycle of the sterilizer is devoid of chemicals, and the bacteria are killed within 8 minutes without chemicals being used.
- The control panel is easy to use and offers a variety of options, thereby giving you the option to choose the mode you want.
- The sterilizer is affordable and an ideal choice for those suffering from some budget issues.
- You might have to face some difficulty in putting the lid on if there is anything hanging from the edge of the unit.
6. The First Years Power of Steam Electric Steam Sterilizer
This is another versatile option that you can use to destroy the common household bacteria that find their homes in bottles, pacifiers, and small toys.
It is provided with a unique design, which directs the steam deep into the product. This paves the way for a better sterilization. It is simple to use and clean. The trays are removable and can be removed with ease to air-dry the sterilized items. It is also provided with a built-in drying rack.
- Apart from bottles, the sterilizer can also be used to deal with the bacteria in small toys, which ensure better health of your baby.It has been designed to produce optimal sterilization both inside and out of the bottle.
- It is simple to use, and you would not have to face any trouble in cleaning it. The steam tower technology ensures that the steam is directed inside each bottle.
- Complaints have been made regarding water accumulating in the bottom rack and base unit. Constantly having to empty these areas can be troublesome.
7. Wabi Baby Electric Steam Sterilizer and Dryer plus Version
This is another option on the market that will not disappoint you. It is provided with a smart sensor that turns off automatically when the process of sterilization is complete, which usually takes around 8 to 15 minutes.
You are given drying cycle options with the options being 30, 45 and 60 minutes. The equipment is rather easy to use. All that you need to do is pour water, load the bottles and press the button, and your work will be done.
- It is easy to use and does not take up a lot of your time. You can use it to store the bottles and sanitize them as well.
- The feature of drying is another enticing option that is offered.
- The sterilizer is a bit expensive, which might be an issue if you want something affordable.
- It also takes up quite a bit of space so that storage might become a problem for some.
At the end of the day, it all comes down to what you are looking for. You need to opt for a sterilizer that would fulfill your requirements.
The number of bottles that you want to be cleaned per cycle, the size of the equipment, and the additional features that the sterilizer offers are a few factors that you ought to take into consideration while making the purchase. Budget is another factor that one would need to pay attention to.
While purchasing the sterilizer, keep in mind that it is about the health of your baby, so no compromises on quality should be made.